Sunday, August 29, 2010

getting ready for the rest of my life

It's sunday night. I'm sitting on the floor of my living room. Adam is asleep on the small couch right behind me. Chris is on the big couch. The two dogs are in the doorway to our bedroom, but sometimes they get up and eat a few bites of food in the kitchen. Chris is watching animal channel something about polar bears and seals. I was originally going to sit in here and do some advanced reading in my textbooks, but the light is off and now that Adam is asleep I don't want to turn it back on.

It's 8:30 and I have porkchops in the crockpot. I sauted spinach, and made brown rice. I bought produce from Sprouts today with Rosie, after we got done at the gym. I have chopped things and divided things into baggies for the rest of the week. I made my lunches and dinners for the next two days. I did most of the laundry - just have one load in the dryer. I laid out my clothes for exercise tomorrow morning, then for work. I've checked my email, I've labeled my textbooks. I've updated my calendar and my food tracking on sparkpeople. I've fed the dogs. I've made the bed.

I'm a little nervous. I am trying to make up for this feeling of unease by overpreparing. Tomorrow I work from 8:30am until 12:30pm, then come home and train Juno, and then go to CSULB for my first day of grad school. Tomorrow I am taking classes with the textbooks: Intentional Interviewing and Counseling, Culturally Relevant Ethical Decision-Making in counseling, Issues and Ethics in the Helping Professions, and the DSM-IV-TR.

I woke up this morning with a headache and sore throat. I went back to sleep for about 3 hours, took ibuprofen, and drank tea. But the thing that made me feel the best was the hour I spent at the gym. I really need to remember this.

I wish I'd thought to clean out my car today. I get more easily overwhelmed when my car is full of stuff. I will need to keep my spaces well-organized. My dresser is doing pretty good - it's my "grab and go" pile - where I leave textbooks, current project, and gym bag.

What I will be taking with me tomorrow:
Phone
4 textbooks
2 notebooks
my life planner
laptop and cords
purse
workout shoes and socks
breakfast, lunch and dinner
water bottle
pens, highlighter

ok. I am going to go get the last load of laundry out of the garage, put away the food, soak the crockpot, make tea, take a vitamin, and go to bed early and start reading Intentional Interviewing and Counseling.

0 comments:

Post a Comment