Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Patchwork Indie info + new products from yours truly!

I have been making some new earrings/rings this week...can't stay away from the hearts! They are so fun to make. I've been playing around with a lot of different yarns - my favorite hearts are being made out of cotton (like the picture of me wearing giant heart earrings) - they are large, but still really, really light. I love cotton.
I've also been using some handspun silk - which are pretty, but definitely more delicate and can pill up a little bit. I've used hemp - leftover from a scarf I made my cousin yeeears ago. The hemp ones are awesome - especially combined with the chain that makes them dangle. I also splurged on new yarn (gasp) (nobody's really shocked) that's acrylic but feels like a silk/wool blend - and is awesomely jewel-toned and gives an almost tie-dyed effect. Those are great too - sturdy and purty. I'm putting them on chain, and am loving the effect.
I hope folks at Patchwork do too!

Speaking of Patchwork Indie Arts and Crafts Festival... I will be at ALL THREE events this November!

LONG BEACH: nov 6th 2011 * 11-5pm the physical address for the marine stadium where the show is: 5255 paoli way * long beach * ca * 90803 BUT the actual loaction is on the corner of bayshore & appian @ the lot with launch ramps for boats (just follow the signs)

directions from the 405 south: exit at studebaker, turn right on 2nd st, take 2nd st to bayshore ave, bayshore takes you right to the lot

directions from 405 north: 405 to 710 south, exit on broadway, take broadway to bayshore ave and turn left, again bayshore will take you right to the lot

CULVER CITY: ov 13th 2011 * 11-5pm at the helms bakery between washington blvd & venice blvd @ national

From Downtown or 110 Frwy

Take the 10 Frwy (West)

Exit Venice Blvd and turn left, continue past La Cienega Blvd. heading west.

Off the 405 interchange

Take the 10 Frwy (East) Exit Robertson Blvd. Stay in second lane to the left, merge on to Venice Blvd. and veer left onto Venice heading east, cross National Blvd. and proceed to Helms Ave.

SANTA ANA: nov 27th 11-5pm 11-5pm 2202 north main street * santa ana * ca * 92706 this event takes place on buffalo street @ main street & in the harvey’s parking lot in the middle of the street

I can't wait!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment