Wednesday, August 20, 2008

1st Post




Hello hello blogging world!


I am creating this blog in order to contribute more to the etsy.com community, and write about my trials, tribulations, successes and solutions to my site/craft issues.


For more personal information, I still have my livejournal (which I have had for about 6 years now), I have a myspace and a facebook - heck, I think I am even on twitter. However, each one serves a slightly different function - so here I am, to talk etsy!


First things first, if you haven't been there, please go to royaboya.etsy.com. That is where my shop is - where I sell the items I have made with my own two hands.


At the moment I have 21 items listed and have made 1 sale. I have spent a little bit of time today reading the etsy success stories on the website, and am biting at the bit wondering how I get from here to there.


I received business cards with my etsy site on them, so I have been passing them out at work today. That's one goal.


Goal number two is to continue to improve the photographs of my pieces.


A few things that I want to remember are:

1. Get more accurate shipping prices for my pieces

2. Send personalized thank you notes, and maybe a little extra gift when I sell a piece



In terms of the projects I am working on - I have a set of granny square crocheted bags that I need to make liners and handles for, a great chunky green scarf I am almost done crocheting, annndd dozen of magnets that need photographing!


I am really excited about etsy, and I hope it proves worthwhile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment