Tuesday, August 26, 2008

26 items and 2 sales!

Hello hello,

I am still riding the esty wave, and kind of don't want to be doing anything except making new items to list on etsy, or browsing other people's stores. I can see that that's going to be a fine line I walk - spending money on etsy versus MAKING money on etsy. ;)

I am excited though, that the holiday season is not too far off on the horizon - both because I know where I will be buying everyone's presents this year, and because I anticipate everyone's sales going up.

The green and orange scarf is finished and FUN. I love it. I put a big embroidered squiggle on one end and it adds to it a lot. I felted about 4 small bowls, and I really like the photos I have of them. They seem so very personable. I am currently working on another scarf that is this amazing rich blue, with a few purple stripes, and then gradually changes to mostly purple with blue stripes. For some reason it makes me think of otter pops, or those real big scented markers I used to have when I was little. I should name the scarf Sir Oliver Grape, (if that even is the otter pop's name)..

Yesterday I received my first purchase on etsy - some vintage postage stamps. I have no idea what I am going to do with them, but I'd love to work on postcards again, and I always like adding extra and unusable stamps on postcards.

Thinking about making postcards to sell on etsy makes me remember my first experience trying to sell my own handmade items - I used to make stationary! I made stationary like CRAZY, when I was...maybe 6-8 years old. I used pastels, and did full pages, half pages, envelopes...with the idea that I would sell them for about a nickel each, I think. I don't recall if anyone ever bought any, but I had heard of kids selling lemonade, and I thought my idea was more creative.

Later, when I was not much older, I would make friendship bracelets and sell them to kids on my swim teams. I actually made a few dollars that way - but here's hoping that etsy is longer lasting and slightly more profitable. ;) It is sort of neat to look back and realize that selling my handmade items really is something I've wanted to do for a verrryyy looonnnggg timmmme.

0 comments:

Post a Comment