Wednesday, June 10, 2009

recap of my week

We still haven't heard confirmation from the landlords about when we can actually get the key. I'm really frustrated. We can't exactly start packing til we know when we can move, since we'll just be sitting amidst boxes and boxes. I packed up *some* stuff anyway...took photos off the wall, magnets off the fridge, and packed up my toiletries. I'm proud: I am getting rid of a ton of stuff, too.

Tomorrow is Adam's graduation - which means today they are doing the Pride Run - they wear their class shirts and go for a minimum of 8.5 miles. Yeesh. Then they have a class bbq, and then have "graduation practice" whatever that means. I can't believe the academy is almost done. It seems too good to be true. I hope I'm not laboring under the misconception that I'll get my boyfriend back...he seems to think that the next 6 months of probation at work will be harder. But holy cow, I don't see how that can be. At least it won't be the same kind of hard for me - the academy was all consuming and there were 60 other people to be consumed with. At work, he'll be the new guy, but it'll still be a regular *JOB* - not a lifestyle that I am locked out of.

So tomorrow I'm either driving up with Chris or my mom to Pasadena to be the proudest girlfriend ever. I got him a gift - a pair of Smith and Wesson cuffs, with his name and the date engraved. I hope he likes them. He was talking about how much he needed a second pair of cuffs, and I figured it'd be a nice way to commerorate the occasion too. Useful AND sentimental! Score!

In other non-cop related news I've been trying to go to a bunch of group classes at the gym this week - my goal was 4 different classes: step, spin, aqua and turbo kickboxing. However, I only made it to two different ones: turbokickboxing and step. I did attempt to go to spin, but they were full! Aqua I didn't go to because my elbow was hurt and I didn't want to push it. However, I liked both TKB and Step a lot and I'm going back to the Step class today.

I'm done with 1 of Rosie's striped kneesocks, and have about 4 stripes done on the 2nd one, and then lost steam. I've got to get that back out again at some point. They're not really difficult, and they're actually really fun to knit. I just put it in my art supply room, and then the entrance to that room keeps getting stacked high with boxes and junk and it's actually physically hard to get in there! heehee. So I should make a foraging expedition and get them out.

I've been feeling like I'm getting sick for the past week, and I was so glad to be in bed by 9:30pm last night. I don't feel better today, but I don't feel worse either, which is good.

That's all from me, for now. I wish we had the go ahead on the house!

0 comments:

Post a Comment