Monday, March 22, 2010

my garden is happening!

















My garden! The back row against what looks like the house (but is an empty room we aren't allowed to use) has artichoke, green beans, and cucumbers. I will put up some strings for them to climb later.

Against the white fence closest to the garage we have zucchini and yellow squash. In front of the beans/artichoke there are tomatoes.

In the box closest to the garage there are red onions, spinach, green leaf lettuce, butter lettuce, sweet banana peppers, hot banana peppers, serrano chiles, scallions, and carrots.

In the 2nd box there are strawberries, eggplants and cauliflower. Saving room for jalapenos and other things that strike my fancy later on.

Still want to do an herb spiral, which is why I didn't plant any of my herbs yet. I started sweet pea and delphinium seeds also!

Soooo much love for my garden. Woke up early so I could go outside and stare at it some more.

Yesterday was such a good day - I borrowed Adam's truck for the day, and my dad and I went to Home Depot. I bought the lumber to build the 2nd box, some soil and compost (it kills me to buy compost, but I don't want a compost pile in my backyard this summer because of the wedding), and the peppers/eggplants/strawberries. I built the box all by myself - and spent about 6 hours in the backyard drinking lemonade and listening to harry potter while I dug and planted and tilled and watered. Can't wait to get home and putter in the garden! I need to take Juno out and finish painting the fence - there are some spots that need touching up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment