Thursday, March 25, 2010

bucket list

I stole this from my facebook from a while ago - I thought maybe I'll elaborate and put some stories under some of them. We'll see.



The Bucket List. Place an X by all the things you've done and remove the X from the ones you have not.

Things you have done during your lifetime:
( ) Seen the Taj Mahal
( ) been inside the Pyramids in Egypt
( ) been around the world by Boat
nope, but that was something my very first boyfriend and I wanted to do together.
( ) been to Jumbo the floating restaurant in Hong Kong
( ) seen the Alamo
( ) Gone on a blind date
(X) Skipped school
homeschooled. beat that.
( ) Watched someone die
(X) Been to Canada
Adam and I drove to and from Alaska, so we spent some time in Canada. We loved BC, beautiful, amazingly nice people. I liked the Yukon. We stayed at this one campground that served breakfast in the morning - hands down the best bacon I have ever had. I've had dreams about that bacon. On the way home we stopped in Vancouver to say hi to my old friend Tenay.
(X ) Been to Mexico
On a cruise with my Grandma when I was in 4th grade. I'm going back on a cruise there in May with my clients.
(X) Been to Florida
spent a week there at Walt Disney World resort before going to the Bahamas with work.
(X ) Jumped off a cliff (I'm counting the dock on Santa Barbara Island)
I'm still counting it. It was very very very high up. I did it once, I was so scared I couldn't get up to stand on the piling and Kurt (our lifeguard/photographer) had to help me. I remember how much it hurt my arms to slap the water going down. I remember being so adrenaline buzzed from it that I ran up the ladder and jumped off again before I even knew what I was doing. Kurt got a great picture of me doing that.
( ) Bungee jump
( ) para sailed
I was supposed to go Parasailing in the Bahamas but it was too windy. boo.
( ) Been to Hawaii
(X) Been on a plane
( ) Flown a plane
(X ) Been on a helicopter (I was airlifted for an earthquake prep thing once)
(X) Been lost (hah. and hah. and hah some more).
( ) Gone to Washington, DC
(X) Swam in the ocean
(X) Cried yourself to sleep
() Played cops and robbers
(X) Recently colored with crayons
(X) Sang Karaoke
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only (Marina, remember McDonalds and Mary Poppins?)
( ) Been to the top of the St. Louis Arch (been under it)
( ) been to New York City at Xmas time
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't
( X) Made prank phone calls
My favorite was when I was at Zac and Alex's (my cousins) house in Signal Hill, and I called one of their friends, and said nothing but the address. About an hour later, he showed up at the front door with a case of beer. It was hysterical.
( ) Been down Bourbon Street in New Orleans
( X) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose & elsewhere
(X) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(X) Danced in the rain
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus
This was the first year I've ever done that. Adam asked me to, so I did.
( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(X) Watched the sunrise with someone
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating
(X) Gone to the movies
( X) Been deep sea fishing (halibut in Alaska)
(X) Driven across the United States (driven up the west coast, and trained across to the midwest so I am counting it also)
( ) Been in a hot air balloon
( ) Been sky diving
( ) Gone snowmobiling
( ) Lived in more than one country
(X) Lay down outside at night and admired the stars
(X) Seen a falling star and made a wish
( ) Enjoyed the beauty of Old Faithful Geyser
(X ) Been on a cruise
(X) Traveled by train
( X) Traveled by motorcycle
Adam has a Harley Sportster that we took up to Santa Cruz and back. 12 hours on the back of a motorcycle sure does a number on you. It was beautiful, though. I rode with the camera strap around my neck and the camera down my shirt so that it was easy to stop the bike and take a photo.
(X) Been horse back riding
(X ) Ridden on a San Francisco CABLE CAR
(X) Been to Disney World
( ) Truly believed in the power of prayer
( ) Been in a rain forest
(X) Seen whales in the ocean
( ) Been to Niagara Falls
(X) Ridden on an elephant.
(X ) Swam with dolphins
( X) Been to the Olympics (I was sort of in my mother's stomach at the time)
( ) Walked on the Great Wall of China
( ) Saw and heard a glacier crack (ok, not exactly, but I went inside a glacier that had a sign that said "death eminent" on it. does that count?)
( ) Been spinnaker flying (lived on Spinnaker bay...can I count that? ;))
( ) Been water-skiing
( ) Been snow-skiing
( ) Been to Westminster Abbey
( ) Been to the Louvre
( ) Swam in the Mediterranean
(X ) Been to a Major League Baseball game
( ) Been to a National Football League game
( ) Been to a National Hockey League game
( X) Ever been skinny-dipping
(X ) Laugh so hard you cry
(X) Follow a map for treasure
( ) Drive a dune buggy
( X) Get lost in East L.A. after dark
( ) Got a Tattoo

0 comments:

Post a Comment