Wednesday, April 1, 2009

sinus owch

I have a head-stuffed-up-like-crazy cold and all I want to do is go home and put on some silly little kid movies and curl up under the covers with tangerines. I've been crocheting dishcloths in order to sell them with the handmade soap Amber and I will one day make, and they are pretty and instant-gratification and the yarn is satisfying (yay cotton) and maybe if I feel up to it I'll do more of those. I'm at work right now, but everything is being difficult and I just need to go home and be sick, I think. I have an A2A event all weekend, and I can't even imagine how that will work if I am still feeling like this.

So. I will stop at the store and buy tangerines and then I will go home, and maybe even have a little bit of extra energy to put the clothes in the dryer and to start a loaf of bread, and then.... Lilo and Stitch, here I come.

I started an actual paper journal again. I got out my water colors yesterday - I did feel like I was 14 again, but mostly in a good way. I hope it helps. I want to make sure that as an adult I am journaling with a purpose - it's good for venting, but I also want to use it as my on-paper dialogue with myself, not just "grr I'm angry and frustrated and so and so pisses me off" but, "this is why I am angry and frustrated and maybe this is how I can change my perspective so I am not as much" that's what I need. I keep making stupid little mistakes lately that ruin the atmosphere of the evening, and if I'd just stopped for a breath, it wouldn't have happened.

Tangerines! It's time.

1 comments:

Beachbum said...

Hope you feel better soon!

Breathing is always the first step to changing perspective. Very insightful!

I love the water color idea!

Hearing about your crochet cloths for soap has given me an idea...thanks! Time for me to go be creative.

Healing thoughts.

Post a Comment