Wednesday, December 17, 2008

ceramics!

Hi folks, I got a few of my pieces out of the kiln yesterday. I only had time to snap photos of three of them last night, but I am happy with them! I learned how to us ethe macro setting on my camera for close ups, and with the lightbox that Thantrong gave me, I think my photos are definitly improving!
These cups are smaller than ones I normally make - I tend to like really big mugs, but these are smaller - I was thinking they're better for tea, or something like eggnog - where a small amount goes a long way.

The glazing was all pretty different than I anticipated also - a lot of sublte beauties I think, nothing super flashy, but I like them more this way. They're the kind of mugs where I want to keep looking and staring at them because I keep seeing little things I hadn't seen before.






the inside of this mug is a shino glaze - I remember when I first started at cypress, I didn't like shino's at all. Now I have come to love them. I don't know what it is about them, but their earthiness and warm colors sure are growing on me. I am not a fan of them when it's too thick and it goes to white, but I love the orange speckled action.



If you want to see more, I have uploaded all the photos from that particular photo shoot on my flickr site!

0 comments:

Post a Comment