Saturday, December 13, 2008

I just found out that one of the people I was closest to back when I took ceramics at cypress died. Jon Danner and I started the same semester, and were both over achievers when it came to ceramics - although he overachieved with the SIZE of his pieces and I overachieved with the number of them. He called me "Roya binoya" and we shared a locker at ceramics for a minute, but then got moved to the lab tech locker area, where we had lockers next to each other. This was hugely important to me at the time - also, he lent me paints so we could paint our lockers crazy cool neon colors. Danner also made me my favorite ceramics tool. Also, it went without saying that any time I needed something I could go into his tool box and find it.
I don't know what to say. I can't believe he died. It was so good to know, that even if we didn't talk, that he was out there making humongous bowls. I will call today and find out when there will be a service. Meanwhile, Jon Danner, you are still wrong about hip hop, even though I listen to country now too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment