Friday, December 12, 2008

running, being cold, and yarn

fingers...so...cold....

woke up this morning at 6:30 to go running with Adam. We went to the park so the dog could go crazy. We have the best dog. Running was hard for me this morning - something about how cold the air was, or how asleep I still was - made it incredibly hard for me to breathe. But I am glad I went. It makes me feel like no matter what else happens, this day was a success.

I am still tracking my points and still doing good! I need to encorporate more crunches, but other than that I am doing just fine. This morning I had enough time after we got back from running that I made the Hungry Girl broccoli cheese soup in my new blender, AND a smoothie for breakfast. I am so looking forward to lunch - I brought some chicken I grilled the day before yesterday, soup, some fruit and string cheese to snack on all day. I figure for lunch it'll be 3 pts for the soup, 3 pts for the chicken, I ate 3 pts for breakfast...that's only 9 points, which leaves me 13 pts to play with for the rest of the day. Woohoo!


So I have a question to pose to you - does anyone else out here suffer from the same thing? I feel like I am really, really easy to buy presents for: GET ME YARN. It's not that hard, right? I would truly, deeply, seriously, really love every skein of yarn ever given to me as a present. I can NEVER HAVE ENOUGH yarn! I don't have the money to buy all the yarn I want! I want yarn for every gift! But...do people ever get me yarn? Not really. In my 24 years of life I have received 3 gift certificates to yarn stores. But I am thinking - yarn is cheap! (at least, some yarn is) it'd be a great present - just a bag o' yarn. And yet people complain that I am hard to shop for. They buy me other, random things just to buy something, when if they spent 10 bucks at Alamitos Bay, I'd be through the roof. Anyways - I don't understand it. I have told people this time and time again "just buy me yarn" "I love yarn" "what do I want for christmas? Yarn!" but still - no one believes me. yeesh.

Oh - I have an amendment. I do have to say, when Adam and I first got together, his very first gift for me (which was for no special occasion, just random) was a beautiful, beautiful skein of green (expensive!!) cashmere. That was a good present.

But more people should give me yarn.

That's the moral of this story. :)

PS We at Roya inc. would like to say that our official stance is one of gratitude no matter what gift is given. Your presence is present enough, etc. Thank you and goodnight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment